BREAKING NEWS! The U.S. Postal Service Announces Temporary Rate Change for Selected Shipping Services
August 10, 2021
|Printer Friendly »|
It’s truly the season of rate change! Earlier this week, the USPS® filed for a temporary rate change with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) that covers shipping services. These price changes are just seasonal. They are scheduled to take effect on Oct 3 and roll back on Dec 26, 2021.
Just like last year’s temporary rate change in October, only certain shipping services will be affected. However, this year includes increases to First-Class Package Service and USPS Ground. Along with those updates, these seasonal rate changes affect both the retail (post office) and commercial (discounted) pricing for the selected services. Here are some key takeaways from the USPS®’s announcement:
- Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, USPS Retail Ground, and First-Class Package Service are some of the affected services.
- Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express Flat Rate envelopes and boxes will see an increase of 75 cents.
- USPS Retail Ground will see increases ranging from 25 cents to $5.00 – across all zones and weights.
- First-Class Package Service Retail prices will increase by 30 cents. First-Class Package Service Commercial rates will also increase by 30 cents.
- Parcel Return Service will see an increase of $1.00.
As of writing, the PRC has not approved the proposed rates.
You can read more about the services affected by the temporary rate change by reading the full USPS® Newsroom announcement. We will also keep you updated on the latest developments as this temporary rate change unfolds via our Mailing and Shipping blog, so be sure to bookmark it for the latest news.
Don't Miss This Webinar...
USPS® Postage Rate Increases: The Search For Savings Webinar
Join Quadient experts and special guests from the USPS as they discuss the upcoming rate changes at our live event on August 26 at 1pm EDT. We expect a full house, so Register Today!
Get Shipping Discounts All Year Long!
Rate shopping is one of the best ways to help your business save on shipping. You can rate shop, compare pricing and get commercial discounts all year long with shipping software like Neoship. In fact, you can save 40% on Priority Mail costs!