FedEx, UPS Amend Money Back Guarantee Policies on Holiday Late Deliveries
November 30, 2016
Usually, when a UPS or FedEx package is delivered after the guaranteed time, you are entitled to a refund credit for the shipping charges. Though these refunds are not automatic but are only given upon request, customers are entitled to them under both carriers’ money back guarantee policies.
As is customary with many business policies, there are often conditions that justify a departure. During the holiday season, both carriers will amend their late delivery money back guarantee policies to allow for later delivery times, due to the busyness of the season.
The following amendments are expected:
Nov. 25, Dec. 18 – Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, guaranteed delivery times for the following services will be extended as follows:
- UPS Next Day Air Early and UPS Worldwide Express Plus will be extended by 90 minutes
- All other Air and international Air services will be extended to end-of-day.
- UPS Air and international packages picked up or delivered within the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season.
- Nov. 27 – Dec. 3 and Dec. 18 – Dec. 24. – no guarantee
- Nov. 23 for shipments that are delivered within 90 minutes of the published delivery commitment time.
- Dec. 19 – Dec. 24 for shipments that are delivered on the published delivery commitment date
- Packages tendered to FedEx Ground for delivery on the day after Thanksgiving will be scheduled for delivery on that day if the recipient business is open, but in any event, the delivery commitment will be extended to the next business day for application of the money-back guarantee.
- FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® Nov. 28-Dec. 24, 2016. – no guarantee.