DONT FORGET! The U.S. Postal Service Enacted Temporary Rate Changes for Selected Shipping Services
November 5, 2021
|Printer Friendly »|
It has truly been a season of rate change! Earlier this year, the USPS® enacted a temporary rate change that covers shipping services. These price changes are just seasonal. They took effect on Oct 3 and will roll back on Dec 26, 2021.
Just like last year’s temporary rate change in October, only certain shipping services will be affected. However, this year includes increases to First-Class Package Service and USPS Ground. Along with those updates, these seasonal rate changes affect both the retail (post office) and commercial (discounted) pricing for the selected services. Here are some key takeaways from the USPS®’s announcement:
- Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, USPS Retail Ground, and First-Class Package Service are some of the affected services.
- Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express Flat Rate envelopes and boxes increased by 75 cents.
- USPS Retail Ground had increases ranging from 25 cents to $5.00 – across all zones and weights.
- First-Class Package Service Retail prices increased by 30 cents. First-Class Package Service Commercial rates also increased by 30 cents.
- Parcel Return Service saw an increase of $1.00.
You can read more about the services affected by the temporary rate change by reading the full USPS® Newsroom announcement. We will also keep you updated on the latest developments as this temporary rate change unfolds via our Mailing and Shipping blog, so be sure to bookmark it for the latest news.
Did You Miss This Webinar...?
USPS® Postage Rate Increases: The Search For Savings Webinar
Listen in on Quadient experts and special guests from the USPS as they discussed the rate changes during our past live event from August 26.
Get Shipping Discounts All Year Long!
Rate shopping is one of the best ways to help your business save on shipping. You can rate shop, compare pricing and get commercial discounts all year long with shipping software like Neoship. In fact, you can save 40% on Priority Mail costs!
- News You Can Use (63)
- Did You Know? (41)
- Opinion (3)
- Mailing (126)
- Shipping (70)
- Rate Change (49)
- USPS (17)