Flat Rate Shipping in Under 60 Seconds
March 8, 2019
|Printer Friendly »|
What is Priority Mail® Flat Rate Shipping?
Priority Mail is one of the USPS’® most popular services and it delivers anywhere in the continental U.S. in 1, 2, or 3 business days—including Saturday—depending on the origin to destination distance. Priority Mail flat rate shipping helps businesses send heavier envelopes and packages at a lower cost than the other major carriers.
What Does “Flat Rate” mean?
It means you can send up to 70 lbs. anywhere in the United States for one flat rate. To take a closer look at how much it costs, in the Priority Mail flat rate pricing chart below.
Flat Rate Types and Rates
How to Send Packages with Priority Mail Flat Rate
- Order Priority Mail flat rate boxes and envelopes on the USPS website or pick them up at your local Post Office. The USPS provides them free of charge.
- Pack up the contents and ship from the Post Office, or use your shipping software and ship right from your office. The USPS will pick them up for you.
- Log into your shipping software to track your package through to its final destination.
What's the catch? Simply that your item needs to fit into the flat rate packaging provided by the USPS without serious bulging or tearing. That's it, "if it fits, it ships."
The Benefits of Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping
Small, medium or heavy... flat rate shipping is for you! If you are still not convinced we’ve outlined some more benefits below:
- Free Priority Mail boxes and envelopes can be ordered online or picked up at your local Post Office
- Priority Mail delivers in 1-3 business days, including Saturdays!
- When shipped with shipping software Priority Mail has advanced USPS tracking
- Overnight delivery is available with Priority Mail Express service
- Priority Mail has up to $50 insurance on most shipments
- The heavier the package, the more you save!
Advanced tracking….a 13% discount on Priority Mail flat rate? Tell me more!
If your business needs tracking and visibility on what they are sending you should check out adding NeoShip to your postage meter.