Flat Rate Shipping in Under 60 Seconds
July 31, 2020
|Printer Friendly »|
What is Priority Mail® Flat Rate Shipping?
Priority Mail is one of the most popular services from the USPS®. Depending on the distance your package travels, Priority Mail flat rate service delivers shipments anywhere in the continental U.S. within 1 to 3 business days—including Saturday! Priority Mail flat rate shipping helps businesses send heavier envelopes and packages at a lower cost than the other major carriers.
What Does “Flat Rate” mean?
It means you can send a package weighing up to 70 lbs. anywhere in the United States for one flat rate. Below is a Priority Mail flat rate pricing chart that compares flat rate pricing to standard shipping prices. Retail Pricing is the amount you would pay to send a package at the counter of the Post Office. Commercial Base Pricing (CBP) is the discounted price available to Priority Mail customers that use specific postage payment methods, which you can get by using shipping software.
Flat Rate Types and 2020 Rates
How to Send Packages with Priority Mail Flat Rate
1. Order Priority Mail flat rate boxes and envelopes on the USPS website, or pick them up at your local Post Office. The USPS provides them free of charge.
2. Pack up the contents and ship from the Post Office, or use your shipping software and ship right from your office. The USPS will pick them up for you.
3. Log into your shipping software to track your package through to its final destination.
What's the catch? Simply that your item needs to fit well into the flat rate packaging provided by the USPS without serious bulging or tearing. That's it, so "If It Fits, It Ships."
The Benefits of Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping
Small, medium or heavy... flat rate shipping will help your business save money and time! Still not convinced? We’ve outlined even more benefits below:
- Free Priority Mail boxes and envelopes can be ordered online or picked up at your local Post Office
- Priority Mail delivers in 1-3 business days, including Saturdays!
- When shipped with shipping software, Priority Mail offers advanced USPS tracking.
- Overnight delivery is available with Priority Mail Express service.
- Priority Mail includes up to $50 insurance on most shipments.
- The heavier the package, the more you save!
Free envelopes and boxes? Advanced tracking? A 40% discount on Priority Mail? Tell me more!
If you like discounts and need tracking and visibility on your business shipments, consider adding NeoShip to your postage meter for an all-in-one solution.