News Alert! PRC Approves USPS's August 2021 Rates
July 20, 2021
|Printer Friendly »|
Here we go again! The rates that were proposed at the beginning of June by the USPS have been approved by the PRC. Meaning that we can expect another large rate change coming in just over a month. The rates are to take effect on August 29, 2021. As of right now, these are the key changes that we can expect in August:
- First-Class Mail® is getting an overall increase of 6.8%.
- Stamped Mail will be going up 3 cents to 58 cents.
- Metered Mail will be going up 2 cents to 53 cents, making the Meter discount 5 cents.
- Certified Mail® is increasing 4.2% from $3.60 to $3.75.
- Return Receipt is also increasing 20 cents to $3.05 for Hard Copy and 10 cents to $1.85 for Electronic, making the Electronic discount $1.20.
To go over the full list of services changing, you can read through the USPS Notice123 via the USPS® Postal Explorer August 2021 Price Change Index.
To keep updated on all the upcoming rate change news, you can check out our Rate Change Hub. You’ll find more information on current rate events as well as be able to sign up for our newsletter that give you tips and tricks to beat the rate change heat this summer!