Top Customer Communication Tools and Tech
June 16, 2020
|Printer Friendly »|
There are a lot of steps and details to think about when you’re processing business mail. Those details can affect productivity and the overall success of your business.
Here are some of the top tech tools that can help you save money and make your mail process simpler and more efficient.
1. Let’s start with the document:
Create your mail and make it special with document creation software
In a month we receive hundreds of documents in the mail or via e-mail. It is the most consistent interaction businesses get with their customers and it is a great opportunity to retain current customers, cross-sell them on your different services, and give them valuable information.
- Are you making a good impression with your customers? Is your document branded with your logo? Are there customized elements? Do you include marketing messaging or reminder notes?
- Is your document creation process efficient? Is document creation centralized to achieve a consistent look to all your communications? This also helps when there are updates to branding or templates.
Explore document creation software that not only makes it easier and more consistent to create critical documents it also makes them more effective.
2. Preparing those documents for the envelope:
Make this process efficient and compliant with certified mail management software
Mail preparation is a critical part of the mailing process, but it can be time-consuming and complex, especially for businesses that rely on manual processes. Failure to make the most of technology to automate mail preparation will not just impair productivity, but also reduce competitiveness.
- Are you manually sorting documents, pulling exceptions, merging and stuffing envelopes? Mail tech for companies big and small that can do this process automatically which leaves you with hours of extra time and makes your business safe from compliance audits or customer complaints.
- Is your business compliant? Healthcare, insurance or finance offices often have to meet certain compliance regulations when they handle personal customer information.
- Do you offer your customers e-mail or fax delivery? Offering your customers the option to go paperless, can help your business save on preparation time and postage costs. In addition, it can improve your mail response time so you can reduce days outstanding as well.
- Are you sending Certified Mail® manually? You can create, track and archive Certified Mail online saving your business hours of preparation time and improving mail visibility.
You can manage the entire process online. Our certified mail software gives you the flexibility to mail from anywhere, as well as the convenience of storing and tracking everything online!
3. Finally, it is time for delivery:
Ensure that your documents get to the customer quickly, accurately and cost-effectively with address correction software.
The faster invoices are sent out the quicker your business gets paid. Plus, the more efficiently you send out your mail the lower your postage costs. Either way it means more money in your bottom line. And there is nothing mailroom managers or CFOs like more!
- Are you checking that your addresses are correct? Almost 40 million American businesses and individuals change addresses every year, be sure you are connected to the most up-to-date data.*
- Are you still paying full price for postage? Do you know that if you sort your mail before it goes to the post office that you can qualify for discounted pre-sort rates? You can also get discounted rates when you use a postage meter.
- Are you still sending multiple envelopes to the same customer instead of merging them all together? Cut down on the excess by merging documents from the same customer into one envelope.
- Do you have visibility and a record of when important documents were sent and received? You can when you send your documents digitally. Multi-channel delivery helps businesses but also customers choose how they want to deliver their mail.
Ensure that you are saving money by doing the little things, like using address validation software.
Get the right tools and tech for your mailroom!
Without the right tools and tech, your mail process can be challenging. Contact your local Quadient rep at 877.888.0677 to learn more about one of the items on this checklist. Or contact us to schedule a comprehensive mailroom review.